There is probably not a new device user who has not encountered the problem of lack of memory for important data on this phone. This usually happens when installing applications and running updates, that is, when the user is keen on upgrading the smartphone. It will be easier and more effective to buy an SD card or microSD card, properly insert SD cards and determine the status of its memory in relation to the memory of the smartphone. Today you will know how to remove SD card from Samsung Galaxy S10.
Remove SD Card on Samsung Galaxy S10
Suitable in cases where among the settings is responsible for the safe removal of the SD card. The algorithm is simple.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on the home screen.
- Tap on the section Device Maintenance > Memory. The SD card information will be displayed.
- Tap on the “SD Card” line.
- In the menu (three vertical dots), select a single item, Storage Settings.
- Scroll down to “Portable Media”.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the item name.
- Read the information that appears in the warning window.
- While ejecting, do not try to remove the SD card from the slot!
- Wait a few seconds: during this time, the card will be unmounted.
- The “Disconnected” status indicates that the SD card can be removed from the phone without the risk of data loss.
- Carefully remove the SD card from the slot.
The second way
- Locate the combined nano-SIM card/microSD card tray on the top of the device.
- With the device turned off, press the Card Insert/SIM Removal Tool into the card tray opening and press until the tray is free.
- Slide the card tray out of the slot.
- Insert or remove the nano-SIM card or micro SD card into or out of the card tray so that the gold-plated contacts face the back of the phone.
- Push the combined nano-SIM/microSD card tray back into the slot until you hear a click, making sure it is secure.
The given recommendations will help you to perform the actions of inserting and removing the memory card correctly, as well as to fit it into the memory system on your smartphone. Don’t forget that even simple smartphone manipulations require a certain amount of care and order. Here is how to remove sim card from galaxy s10 without tool.
Format SD card
- Go to settings.
- Then go to the “Device Maintenance” section.
- Wait for the page to load, then go to the “Memory” subsection.
- Here we need to click on the in the top right corner.
- The “Advanced” button appears in the tray pops and you click on it.
- On the page that opens again, click on “Memory Card”.
- Here is the button “Format”, click on it.
- A warning window will open in front of us, read its content carefully, and then click on the appropriate line.
- After this process is finished, you will see a message about the successful configuration of the memory card, and that it is completely ready to work.
All we have to do is to click on the “Done” button.
How to Insert the SD card
Depending on the phone manufacturer and model, an SD card may be inserted in a slot located inside the phone behind the battery or in a special tray on the left side of the device.
To properly insert a memory card, follow these steps:
- turn off the phone;
- slide out the card tray (it is often done with the help of the key-cracker supplied with the phone) or remove the back cover of the phone and take out the battery;
- lift up the special tab designed to hold the card (if available);
- insert the card correctly, using the outline of the slot or tray as a guide;
- lower the retaining tab (if present);
- slide the tray or put the battery back in place and close the back cover;
Turn the phone back on.