Inserting and removing the SIM in the Galaxy S10 is very easy. All you have to do is follow a series of steps on how to remove SIM card from galaxy s10 without tool. Your Galaxy S10 only uses a card. If you have an older type of SIM card, ask your carrier to provide you with the nano version.
How to Insert the SIM Card Tray into the Galaxy S10
To insert the SIM card tray, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Galaxy S10. This is important. Inserting the SIM card while the new phone is on may corrupt your data.
- With the phone turned with the screen facing you, remove the tray. You can use an insertion/ejection SIM tool (or paper clip) to unlock the tray by inserting it into the slot provided. This small SIM eject hole should be visible at the top of the device.
- Insert the card into the tray (with the gold contacts facing down). The card should fit tightly into the slot. If you see metal contacts or the card is moving, then you are not doing it correctly. Make sure the card is in place.
- Insert the SIM
- Insert the tray (with the gold-plated contacts facing down).
- Push down on the tray to lock it in place.
That’s it! Turn on the S10 and see if it now detects your SIM card.
How to Remove the SIM Card Tray on the Galaxy S10
Follow these steps to disconnect the card from your new phone.
- Turn off your Galaxy S10. This is important. Installing the SIM card while your device is turned on can corrupt your data.
With the phone turned with the screen facing you, remove the tray. You can use an insertion/ejection SIM tool (or small paper clip) to unlock the micro-sd card slot by inserting it into the slot provided. This small SIM eject hole should be visible at the top of the device.
- Remove the card from the tray. The card can be lifted up from the bottom. To help, use the hole on the opposite side of the tray to pull it out (with a fingernail or similar tool).
- Reinsert the SIM card slot.
- Press down on the tray to lock it in place.
6 Ways to Remove SIM card from Galaxy S10 Without SIM Tool
Everyone knows the way to open the sim tray with a simple paper clip or a SIM tool. But this is not the only “SIM tool” suitable for opening the sim tray. Below is a list of items that can be used to remove the SIM card tray of your smartphone.
• For those who don’t have a paper clip to push the card out, a paper clip is the best substitute. Just bend one of its ends and you’re done! But, make sure you use fat plastic-coated paper clips that are thin enough to fit into the tray opening. Press gently so as not to damage the smartphone. Alternatively, you can use fat plastic-coated paper clips, but they tend to be too thick to fit in a micro-sd card slot.
• Every home has a pin or needle, and I’ve even seen sewing kits in hotel rooms. It is not uncommon to find a pin on the tag of new clothes. But be careful how you use it.
• With the help of an earring. Again, not all earrings are thin enough to fit in the hole of the tray, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Just press gently if you don’t want to ruin the earring.
• One of the least obvious staples for the sim tray is in the stapler. If you press gently on the stapler, one staple will come out without its ends bent. Carefully pull it out and remove the tray.
• A thin piece of lead sticking out of a mechanical pencil can indeed extend the card tray. Nevertheless, consider this method as a last resort, you don’t want a piece of the rod to accidentally hit the phone. Most importantly, be careful when applying pressure to minimize the chance of rod breakage.
• Finally, a thin toothpick can also be used to pull out some sim trays, but, again, don’t use it if you have something wrong with your hands. The wood splits easily, I don’t think you want splinters stuck inside the sim tray.
What to Do if the SIM Card Slot Does Not Open
The solutions to this problem can be several. The simplest one is to go to the service center because the cause can be so serious that the system will break the device. But if you are good with technology, you can try to figure out the reason yourself. Most often the SIM is slightly lifted when the slot is removed, so you can use a thin object to press the card more firmly against the tray when pulling.
It is also worth examining in detail the walkers on which the card slot walks. Very often with frequent use of the sim slot, they rub off, so the threads begin to come off. Do not make any sudden movements when removing it, so as not to completely ruin the socket. There is also important, when you have a new phone, to know what Galaxy s10 sim card size you need for your phone.
I am the founder and managing editor of this website. Me and my team share tips, tricks, news, reviews, and guides for your electronic devices.