The budget-friendly Samsung Galaxy A01 offers decent specifications for its price point. However, rooting your device can give you more control and access to advanced features, customization options, the ability to install custom ROM, and more.
Whether you’re a tech-savvy user or a beginner, this article will provide you with easy-to-follow steps on how to root Samsung Galaxy A01 quickly and safely.
What does rooting mean?
The rooting by itself is the process that involves gaining administrative access to the OS, allowing users to customize and optimize their devices according to their preferences.
This process can enable users to set custom ROMs, remove bloatware, access hidden features, and custom recovery on their gadgets.
Nevertheless, it also has its risks, such as voiding guarantees, it also makes Android device kind of unprotected due to security risks and causes permanent damage if not done correctly for your Android device. Therefore, it’s important to research the process and its potential consequences, before attempting to root Samsung Galaxy A01.
Possible minuses of rooting an Android phone
And of course, it has its own risk to consider before deciding to root your device. This includes:
- Security risks: it makes your Samsung Galaxy A01 more vulnerable to security threats since it can bypass security restrictions put in place by the manufacturer or carrier. Malicious apps that have root access can potentially gain control over your device.
- Canceled guarantee: it may void your warranty, meaning you won’t be able to get any repairs or support from the manufacturer or carrier for your Samsung Galaxy A01.
- System instability: Rooting can potentially cause system instability or even render your Samsung Galaxy A01 unusable if not done correctly. This can be especially true if you are not familiar with the process and make a mistake during the rooting process.
- Difficult to update: Updating a rooted device can be a complex process and may require additional steps compared to non-rooted devices. This can be time-consuming and may cause compatibility issues with certain apps.
Preparatory steps to get root access
There are many ways to root your Samsung Galaxy A01 and in this article, we’re going to observe some of these ways of rooting.
But before we move to the rooting process, we have to complete some steps:
- To begin, you must first unlock the “Bootloader” on your Samsung Galaxy A01 to gain root permissions.To do it, you have to get the OEM Unlock Option and to do so, firstly, you have to enable developer options.You can get access to developer options by clicking many times on the Samsung Galaxy A01 build number in settings.After you complete it, you have to find the “OEM unlocking” feature and enable it.So from now, you can open up the “Bootloader” option. And to do so, turn off your Samsung Galaxy A01, and after it, at the same time, you have to connect your device to your PC and hold the Volume keys on your phone.When the download mode appears, press the Volume Up button twice to confirm unlocking. If it’s done correctly, you have completed the first step successfully.
- Secondly, you have to install the “Magisk App” application on your Samsung Galaxy A01 gadget.
- Thirdly, you have to get this software and files on your PC “SDK Platform Tools”, “Odin Flash Tool”, “Frija Tool” and Samsung Galaxy A01 Stock Firmware.
- Don’t forget to charge your phone before the rooting process.
- Write down your Android gadget model number and CSC/regional code, you will need it later.
- We recommend you do a backup of your phone’s internal storage, in case you have important data on your Samsung Galaxy A01.
Enable USB debugging to avoid data loss
If you are extra concerned about losing important data due to rooting, you can enable “USB debugging” on your Samsung Galaxy A01.
So to use this option, you have to download a special app, PhoneRescue for example.
As soon as you have downloaded software on your PC, just link it to your Android phone and read the instructions on how to use this or other software like that.
With the help of this app, you can restore any lost data on your Android device.
Even though it has to help you, it also has its own risk, so in case you don’t need this function anymore, we recommend disabling this option, because if you lose your phone, intruders can easily get access to your phone due to this feature.
Let’s root Samsung Galaxy A01
It’s time to move to the main topic of how to root Samsung Galaxy A01.
Utilizing Frija Tool and AP Firmware files
Open the “.exe” file in the extracted Frija Tool zip file.
Use the written model number and CSC/regional code to enter this into the opened application, and after it’s done, click the download button.
From the Samsung Galaxy A01 Firmware files, find and extract the AP Firmware zip file.
Then you have to link your Samsung to your PC and copy the “AP firmware” file to the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy A01.
The Magisk app
After the moves above, you have to utilize the Magisk app and click on the “Install” button on your Samsung Galaxy A01.
Then select the “Select and Patch a File” option. Find the AP firmware file in internal storage and choose it.
After this is done, click on the “Let’s go” option and wait until the app finishes the work.
To be done with the Magisk app, you have to replicate the “.tar” file from the device’s storage to the “firmware folder” on your computer.
Load up in the download mode, simply repeat the previous moves for accessing this mode.
Oding flash tool
After you complete the steps above, you have to flash patched Boot.tar by utilizing the Odin flash tool. While your phone is connected, you have to choose the right file direction to the following options:
BL: Choose the firmware file starting “BL”
AP: Choose the “.tar” file
CP: Choose the file with “CP”
CSC: Choose the file with “HOME_CSC”
After that, enable the “Auto-reboot option” in the features list and click the “Start” button to start the flashing process.
After it has been completed successfully, you should see the “PASS” message on your PC’s screen.
Start the Root
After the procedure is complete, leave download mode by utilizing the “Volume Down + Power” buttons on your Samsung Galaxy A01, and then press the “Volume Up + Volume Down+ Power” keys to boot into Recovery mode.
Utilize the loudness buttons of your Samsung Galaxy A01 to choose the “Wipe data/factory reset” option in the menu.
After it’s complete, select “Reboot system now”. This can take a few minutes or more.
After rooting activities
Congrats, you rooted your Samsung Galaxy A01. Once you boot up your Samsung Galaxy A01, look for the Magisk app, which can help you gain full control of your device and install a custom ROM.
Also, don’t forget to verify the root Samsung Galaxy A01 by clicking on the “Check SafetyNet” button in the Magisk app.
Rooting gains you many advantages for your Samsung Galaxy A01. For instance, access to the main files of your phone and some sort of settings that are otherwise restricted. Nevertheless, rooting means that your phone loses its guarantee, and there are some chances of exposing the phone to security risks if not done properly.
Can Samsung phones be rooted?
Yes, as with all Android devices, any Samsung gadget can be rooted too. The Samsung One UI stock firmware allows users to use the download mode and hence root the phone.
Yes, it is possible to root Samsung phones. You may root your Samsung just like any other Android smartphone. Samsung stock firmware allows users to unlock download mode and hence root the phone.
How do I put my Samsung A01 in boot mode?
To open the boot mode on your Samsung Galaxy A01, you have to do further steps:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Utilize the Volume Up and the Power button and hold them at the same time.
3. Let go of the buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
4. Your device entered the boot mode and further steps are up to you.
In this mode, you should see multiple options. For instance, rebooting the phone, the cache wiping option, resets options, and so on.
How can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy A01?
To do it, you have to follow the steps below:
1. Open the “Settings” application on your device.
2. Navigate and tap on “Software update.”
3. Use the “Download and Install” button to check for any available updates.
4. If an update is available, use the “Install Now” option to start the update process.
5. Wait for the update to download and install. Your phone may restart a few times during the process.
What is the operating system for Samsung A01?
Every Samsung phone comes with a pre-installed Android operating system, specifically Android 10 with One UI 2.0. However, it may also be eligible for an update to a newer version of Android and One UI, depending on the region and carrier.
I am the founder and managing editor of this website. Me and my team share tips, tricks, news, reviews, and guides for your electronic devices.