Read receipts are a nice way to find out when somebody has gotten and read your text messages, but it’s a two-edged sword – not only can it be irritating to get repeated notifications that your messages have been opened, but you might also not want other people to find out if you’ve received or read their messages. Regular SMS only have the option to send notifications about message delivery, while MMS multimedia messages can also let the person sending them know that the message has been opened and that they have read it. If you prefer to switch off some or even all we know how to turn off delivery report on Samsung Galaxy S10.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts on a Samsung Galaxy
- Launch the Messages app.
- Tap the triple dots to display a pop-up menu icon.
- Tap Settings.
- On the ” Message Settings” page, tap “More Settings.”
- Touch Text Messages.
- Disable “Delivery reports” by sliding the key to the left.
- Tap the Back button to return to the previous screen.
- Press “Multimedia Messages”.
- Turn off “Delivery reports” by swiping the button to the left.
- In the same way, disable “Read reports”.
Once you disable these settings, you will no longer receive read receipts and anyone you text will also not receive these notifications.
Video: How to Turn Off Delivery Report on Samsung Galaxy S10
In this video, you can see how to turn off the delivery reports on Samsung Galaxy S10.
How to Know About the Delivery Reports Setting Text Messages
This method will work if you already have a delivery report enabled.
- Find the SMS you want to get a delivery report for.
- Press and hold on to the message for a couple of seconds.
- A menu will open where you should click on “Read more” or “View details”.
You will receive a report on your screen as to whether or not the message has been delivered. If the report function has not been activated, you will only learn whether the message was successfully sent.
How to Enable Delivery Report for Text Messages on the Samsung Galaxy S10
Delivery reports are provided free of charge. You will automatically be notified if your recipient has received your text message. This feature is very functional. Why? Even if your recipient is out of nowhere, if their phone is turned off or out of reach, as soon as their smartphone turns on or starts working, they will automatically receive your text message, so you don’t have to resend it. In addition, once they receive it, you will also be notified and also notified.
By enabling reports on your Samsung Galaxy S10, you’ll know if the message has actually not yet been delivered to the recipient. If this sounds good to you and you’d like to have it on your Samsung Galaxy S10, keep reading and we’ll give you a step-by-step process for activating SMS reports.
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy home screen.
- From the “App” menu icon, select the “Settings” app.
- Then select Apps from the options.
- Select messages.
- Tap on Advanced Settings.
- Then go to the SMS option.
- Scroll through the options until you find reports.
- Then click the switch next to it to turn on the feature.
Once you enable this feature, every time you send a text message on the Samsung Galaxy, you’ll also receive a delivery notification the moment your recipient received the message. You just need to remember that it’s only a confirmation if the recipient received it, not as a read report. That way, you still won’t know if your person has read the message or not. It won’t tell you if the person is just ignoring your messages.
So, that’s all you need to know about how to turn off delivery report on Samsung Galaxy S10 and what the shipping report is on your Samsung Galaxy. You can leave a comment below if you have questions or if you want to share something about your Galaxy. In case you want to know how to remove sim card from galaxy s10 without tool, follow this link.
Leave a Reply